Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
In 80% of cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by a physical condition or by aging. Here are the most common physical causes.
- Vascular causes (heart disease, coronary disease, arteritis, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis) account for 40% of erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction occurs in 35 to 75% of diabetics.
- Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and stroke may also be the cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Surgery related to the treatment of prostate cancer (total prostatectomy), may cause the temporary disappearance of erections.
- Tobacco, alcohol and drug use can also be a cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Certain medications, especially those for hypertension, excess cholesterol or cardiac disorders, can induce erectile difficulties.
- Hormonal problems
- The cancer
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Taking anxiolytics or antidepressants
The main symptoms
Erectile dysfunction is manifested by:
- An inability to get an erection of the penis.
- An inability to maintain erection over time.
It is estimated that there is a “problem” when the situation extends for more than three months. Before that, it is still a temporary situation, often caused by an external disorder (conflict, preoccupation, etc.)
When erectile dysfunction exists, it is necessary to have recourse to a professional of health to establish what causes the problem: psychological or physical?
The doctor will conduct a detailed questionnaire, an examination and various medical analyzes to find the appropriate treatment for each situation. Modern technology can achieve excellent results in 90% of cases.
Possible risks of complications
In most cases, erectile dysfunction causes mostly psychological complications in humans and / or partners, such as low self-esteem. Man no longer feels “virile”, the woman no longer feels “desired” … And it can often happen that the situation creates real complications and incomprehension in the conjugal life, which can lead to the rupture.
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatments for erectile dysfunction are very effective. There are several oral medications, the best known of which is obviously Viagra. Mostly people use ED Miracle Shake for treatment. You can see http://www.edcure.biz/ed-miracle-shake-review/ here. In addition to the small blue pill, the options are:
- Another medication
- Injections into the penis
- A mechanical device to use before sexual intercourse (ring at the base of the penis)
- Penile implants
- Restorative surgery (when the dysfunction is caused by a malformation or injury)
A temporary erectile dysfunction can be regulated by promoting a healthy lifestyle:
- Practice regular physical activity
- Healthy eating
- Adequate Sleep
- No tobacco, alcohol, drugs.
Did you know that…
In the case of erectile dysfunction, communication in the couple remains paramount.
The man should …
- Know that only 20% of erectile dysfunction are of psychological origin and 80% of medical origin. Clinical consultation is therefore an almost essential and salvific option.
- Avoid silence, avoidance. He must understand that there is a reason for his problem and that if he faced it, he would have a good chance of settling it. The ideal would be that he speaks to his spouse to keep complicity. It is often this one that leads him to consult a psychologist, a sexologist or a doctor and thus to solve his problem.
- Understand that he is not alone in his situation and that he does not have to suffer from shame.
- Learn to value other aspects of physical love by avoiding any focus on penetration and orgasm as a goal. Instead of controlling his erection, he should focus his attention on the pleasure of his couple at other levels.
His wife should …
- Knowing that she may not be responsible for her husband’s situation and that criticizing him is only making matters worse. Feeling guilty, worried, ashamed does not solve the problem either. Patience, respectful discussion and understanding are more appropriate.
- Understanding that rendered at a certain age, man needs more stimulation to generate and maintain erection. More sensuality, investment and the use of the five senses are ways of achieving it. She must listen to her needs while expressing her own.
- Be able to help him or her to dramatize the situation, if his spouse can not do it, by telling the whole thing with a humorous touch, telling him that the problem can be solved, that there are known and recognized means to do it.