Three functions are unique to women: menstruation, pregnancy and lactation. These functions are intimately related to complex hormonal patterns in women, which also influence behavior.
Among the fundamental physical differences between men and women are these facts:
- Men have more muscle mass than women.
- Women tend to have a higher proportion of body fat than men.This fat is usually present in the breasts, hips and buttocks.
- Men tend to have more hair (especially the face).
Physiotherapists understand the physical (and unique) needs of the female population and are particularly qualified to help women live a healthy, pain-free life. You can avail best physiotherapy services for Brighton. These services are provided on reasonable rates.
Healthy aging for older women
Specific actions need to be taken to ensure that older women age healthy. Physiotherapy help to recognize (and eliminate) risk factors for falls and fractures. Regular and management exercises can decrease bone density that occurs in old women. You are advised to consult your lady doctor to learn about the risks and benefits of hormone replacement therapy. Screening for vitamin B12, vitamin D and calcium deficiency is also recommended. Physiotherapy can also treat pelvic floor dysfunctions and incontinence problems.
- Breast cancer and other cancers
- Rehabilitation after breast surgery
- Lymph edema
- Postmenopausal heart disease
- Chronic myofascial pain
- The patellofemoral syndrome
- Hypermobility syndrome
- multiple sclerosis
- The dysfunction of the sacro-iliac joint
- The ills specific to female athletes
Physiotherapy helps to reduce discomfort and promotes recovery before, during and after pregnancy. Pregnancy-related health problems include heel pain (plantar fasciitis) and associated pain.
Physiotherapy and women’s health
Exercises and techniques to address women’s health issues include:
- Muscular rehabilitation – this creates an awareness of the body (how you enter and leave your car, how you lean to take something, your sitting posture and in general, etc.) and improves your Habits of travel.Kegel exercises to strengthen the weak muscles of the pelvic floor, in addition to the Pilates method, can be very beneficial.
- Re-education through exercise – this helps to improve mobility, strength and endurance.It also strengthens bones and joints.
- Modalities: application of heat and / or ice, stimulation therapy and massage therapy can reduce pain, stiffness and swelling.
- Manual therapy – this helps to improve the flexibility of soft and articular tissues, as well as mobility through repetitive and specific movements made with the hands.
Each physiotherapy program is different and tailored to the patient’s needs. Women have unique physical and physiological attributes that physiotherapists consider.
Physiotherapy can make a difference for all members of your family at some point in your life. Feel free to ask us what we can do for you.