Hair loss is a problem faced by everyone. But it is quite frustrating if this problem arises in your young age. Suffering from hair fall is upsetting, it may be caused by health issues, chemotherapy, stress or you may be prone to balding. Generally people lose 50 to 150 hair strands daily and when the hair is washed they tend to lose around 250 strands of hair. Every month about half an inch of hair grows. At any given time almost 90% of hair will be in the growing stage. 40% of women by the age of 60 must have encountered hair fall of some kind and hair fall is extremely disturbing for many men.
Hair loss when happen in excess can result into baldness problems. Hair transplant is permanent solution for baldness problem. Turkey is a place where a person can avail this surgery at affordable cost. There are many hair transplant clinics in Turkey which provide this surgery through advanced surgical techniques.
Signs and symptoms
- If you discover plenty of hair on your pillow in the morning then you might be suffering from hair fall.
- You may be experiencing hair fall if much hair remains on your comb after brushing it.
- When hair loss happens then hair recedes from the forehead in men or from the crown area of the head.
The factors that cause hair fall are:
- Age factor
- Genetic conditions
- Thyroid disorder
- Medical issues such as autoimmune diseases and anemia
- Anxiety, strain and stress
- Scalp infections
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Surgical treatment
- Skin disorder such as dermatitis, psoriasis
- Hair pulling
- Not applying hair oil
- Developing excessive heat
- Hair fall caused by medications
- Lack of exercise
- Traction on the hair caused by certain hairstyles
Do it yourself remedies to stop hair fall
- The head has to be wrapped in a wet cloth, then wrap a dry towel on it and finally wrap a thick single bed sheet on top of it. Due to this the head gets warmed by the excessive heat generated and it will help re-open the closed skin pores.
- Coconut milk will reduce hair loss effectively as it has properties to nourish hair tissues.
- Apply hair oil such as coconut, aloevera, amla or bringraj to massage the scalp at least twice a week. Use your finger tips to massage the oil so that it reaches the roots and then wrap a cloth around it. Wash the hair in the morning with seeka kaya or soap nut.
- Take five spoon of Triphalachurnam and soak it overnight. In the morning separate the water from it and apply that water on the scalp leaving it for some time. Follow this for a month and you will notice tremendous hair growth.
- Use cotton cloth to apply the onion juice on the bald areas and massage it gently. Wash the hair after it dries up.
- Grind onion seeds powder with water to make a paste, apply this paste on the bald patch. Then wash your head after it dries up.
- Juice of radish is applied with cotton cloth to the scalp where there are bald spots by stretching the skin so that it enters the roots of the hair that are blocked. Apply it overnight and wash it in the morning with an Ayurvedic shampoo.
- Prepare a shampoo by mixing fresh lime and amla juice in equal proportion and use it regularly, it stops hair loss and also helps in hair growth.
- Regular use of castor oil helps stop hair fall.
- Amla oil prepared by boiling dry amla chips in coconut oil and using it regularly helps check hair fall.
- Mix egg with amla powder to prepare organic and natural paste, apply this mixture to the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes before washing it.
- To stop hair loss massage almond oil in your scalp 2 to 3 times a day.
- Consume a cup of spinach and lettuce juice daily to stop the hair from falling.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent hair fall.
- Mix egg, 1 tablespoon wheat germ and 3 tablespoon milk powder and apply this to the scalp leaving it for 30 minutes and then wash the hair with Ayurvedic shampoo as it prevents hair loss.
Tips to prevent hair loss
To enhance the health and quality of the hair follow the basic tips for hair care as it helps to reduce hair loss:
- Use hair products according to your hair type.
- Avoid using cheap hair dyes, shampoos or conditioners as they contain harsh chemicals.
- Do not over wash your hair and always rinse the hair properly after using shampoo and conditioner.
- Do not comb the wet hair immediately after bath.
- Minimize the use of hair spray and hair dryers.
- Massage the scalp with hair oil regularly as it is healthy for the hair.
See Huffing Post for More.