The acupuncture is a practice of traditional Chinese treatment which is based on stimulation of certain points on the body by inserting needles into the skin. Although it has been used since ancient times to treat pain, the World Health Organization recognizes it as effective for the treatment of at least 49 alterations, among them anxiety and chronic stress.
There is a lot of skepticism about the effectiveness of acupuncture and the lack of studies make it consider an alternative treatment, but with many followers in long-term anxiety and preventive mode. It is based on the principle of Qi (pronounced “chi”) of correcting the problems of the vital energy flow of the body caused by certain disorders. Each patient is an individual case.
The acupuncture works immediately. While each acupuncture session may have different results, in general its benefits can be perceived very quickly. On the other hand, this technique can help to overcome other discomforts, which is very positive for your general well-being.
Following are the benefits of acupuncture treatment on acupuncturemainline.com.
Benefits of acupuncture
- Decreases the frequency of anxiety attacks. The Acupuncture aims to establish changes in the lifestyle of the patient who can help you balance your mind, exercises such as yoga.
- It can reduce physical and mental symptoms of other problems in the patient. In traditional Chinese medicine, anxiety disorder is not perceived as a disorder in the brain, but as a malfunction in internal organs. In Chinese treatment, organs and emotions are intimately connected. The organs can be affected by changes in diet, environmental, lifestyle or hereditary factors. Therefore, acupuncture relates worry and excessive mental work to a disorder in the spleen. The acupuncture classifies the cause of the disorders according to the degree to which the individual organs show signs and symptoms and the degree to which their Qi is affected. In general as far as anxiety is concerned, the organs that have the most problems are the spleen and the heart.
- The acupuncture is a minimally invasive therapy as the needle insertion is performed on the surface layer of the skin and is not painful, although the effects may be noted at the level of internal organs.
- The acupuncture lacks own side effects of drugs, it does not involve the administration of any chemical to the organism.
- The acupuncture is focused on correcting the cause of the problem and not just practice your symptoms, so it can be considered to “cure”. Acts on the immune system, hormonal, nervous, blood, emotional, etc. with the aim of recovering the balance of the life force in the patient.
- It is a technique almost as old as humanity since it is used since the Neolithic. In the nineteenth century acupuncture began to spread widely, beyond the East.
Experts say that the technique of acupuncture is suitable for everyone, even for children. But there is an exception regarding the technique with needles, because it should not be used by people who have changes in blood clotting, that is, who are under anticoagulant treatment.
It is not possible to say that when choosing a professional, it is convenient to look for good references about him and to check the precautions that are taken with the needles (which must be disposable). The asepsis (cleansing) is essential in the place where the practice of acupuncture takes place.
Finally, it is important to point out that, in many cases, although acupuncture can be very useful in alleviating stress and anxiety states, there are times when only the use of acupuncture is not enough to solve the problems and, in more serious diseases, the technique must be combined with conventional treatment. For this reason it is totally advisable to follow a good medical control of the pathology to be treated, independently of the use together with the acupuncture.