The Spikenard essential oil, with its pleasant aroma of wood and spices, has relaxing properties and helps to improve the mood as well as to promote a healthy skin.
The Spikenard is a flowering plant of the valerian family, native to the high areas of the Alpine and subalpine regions of the Himalayas. The Spikenard essential oil is obtained by means of steam distillation of the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, used to anoint honorable persons and in Ayurvedic medicine practices in India. Historically, Spikenard has been used to improve mood and promote relaxation, as well as its ability to promote a clean and healthy skin. Today, the oil is used in perfumes and relaxing massage oils for its wood and musky aroma.
The wood and musky aroma of the essential oil of Spikenard makes it very useful for aromatherapy and massages. It is of great help to promote calm, relaxation and feelings of motivation when used aromatically or topically; and its ability to help us focus, as well as its relaxing effect, make it a great ally in meditation practices.
The essential oil of Spikenard is also recognized for its beneficial effects for the skin, thanks to its cleansing and purifying properties. To benefit from these effects, simply add it to our daily routine of skin care, adding a few drops to our facial cleanser or our moisturizer, which will promote a smooth, bright and healthy complexion. It can also be used topically to promote feelings of calm and relaxation, applying 1-2 drops (previously diluted) at the temples or the nape of the neck.
- Motivating aroma
- Fosters sensations of calm and relaxation
- Frequently used in aromatherapy and meditation for its ability to help us focus, focus and relax
- Purifies and cleanses the skin
How is it used?
- Aromatic application: Use 3-4 drops in a diffuser to create a relaxing environment. Its aroma combines very well with essential oils of Clove, Cypress, Incense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh,OrangeSilvestre, Rose and Vetiver.
- Topical use: Apply 1-2 drops on the desired area, diluting in base oil for delicate skin.
In some cases it can cause skin sensitivity, so you have to start with the lowest possible dose to know how our body reacts. And, as always, it should be kept out of the reach of children, and consult with your doctor before using it if you are pregnant, lactating or under medical treatment, as well as avoid contact with eyes, inner ear and sensitive areas.