It is known that acne is a widespread skin disease. It is caused by instability of the hormonal system that reaches the sebaceous glands behind the skin. This ferocious disease is characterized by red pimples, blackheads, nodules and cysts.
Hormonal system often rhymes with adolescence! About 80% of teens suffer from acne at the time of puberty. Often chronic, this patient takes time to treat. After your twenties or even thirties, you have to talk about late acne. Other hormonal changes can cause acne breakouts, such as the menstrual cycle, pregnancy or menopause.
There are rare cases of acne that are not hormonal, although the vast majority are. Other causes of acne are bacterial, especially propionic bacteria can create acne by producing a large amount of propionic acid on the skin. This promotes the proliferation and formation of pimples by sebum retention. This bacterium can also promote the development of certain inflammations inside the follicles.
Basis of acne treatment with acupuncture
- Patience: There is no miracle recipe. The hormonal system takes time to regulate itself.
- Address internal symptoms as well as external symptoms: Have you ever tried dozens of acne creams? It is possible that your problem is elsewhere. It is not enough to treat acne on the surface, it is necessary to solve the problem at the source internally. Skin creams, steroids or other protocols used in Western medicine are often without results. A very effective method to help the hormonal system and regulate acne is traditional Chinese medicine.
Chinese herbal treatment – Huang Qin
Please note that this form is only approved by accredited acupuncturists. One of the important herbs for treating acne is Huang Qin, skullcap root with strong antibacterial properties. This tcm Singapore can alleviate or completely cure acne problems. The treatment consists in inhibiting the secretions of the sebaceous glands. To give you every possible opportunity, we recommend internal treatment combined with treatment with Chinese herbal dosages to regulate the hormonal destabilization of your system.
Chinese dietetics for acne
Dr. You-Wa Chen, laureate of the Faculty of Medicine of Paris is passionate about Chinese medicine. He has devoted his career to the study of natural products and diet and Chinese herbs. In his book Yin and Yang Dietetics, Dr. You-Wa Chen recommends eating fresh products, natural products of bitter-sweet flavor, products to exteriorize acne from the body of the skin. He talks about carrots, tomatoes, raw vegetables, cucumbers, celery, potatoes, sprouted wheat, wholemeal bread and rice.
Dr. You-Wa Chen also states that you need to limit foods that are too hot and fatty or that have an upward and exciting action, including:
- Fries, fat sauces, milk and dairy products, red meats, shellfish
- Spices, white sugar, pastries and industrial sweets, strong coffee, alcohols, sodas
Finally, Dr. You-Wa Chen shares with us, in his book, the following dietary and cosmetic recommendations:
- Cut a sliced cucumber, apply it to your skin for 20 minutes then wash with soap-free water.
- Eat watermelon, go inside the bark on acne areas.
- Avoid constipation by taking 2 teaspoons of liquid honey, 2 ripe bananas or prunes, in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Heat some crushed raspberries in a saucepan, let cool and apply on the acne area.
- Drink a glass of carrot juice a day or eat mashed carrots.
- Apply a poultice of crushed dandelion to the infected area.
Of course, Chinese herbs are especially effective at treating acne and many other skin problems.